If you’re looking to learn more about biological farming this summer, we have some good news for you! We’ve extended our early bird pricing for the 2021 On-Farm Intensive with Zimmer Ag. That means when you register for the On-Farm event between now and July 14th you will save $80!
Who is the On-Farm Intensive for?
Farmers, growers and producers who are interested in learning a whole system, biological approach to farming will benefit from this intensive.
Gary Zimmer and Leilani Zimmer-Durand, owners of Zimmer Ag, a soil health and biological farming consulting company, will lead a small group on a two-day educational journey at their famous Otter Creek Organic Farm near Lone Rock, Wisconsin.
Workshops will demonstrate best practices for cover crops, soil testing, field preparation, equipment/tillage, weed & pest management, fertilizer programs, livestock integration and more. You will walk away with clear, next steps to improve your land’s value and potential.
What will I learn, specifically?
Our on-the-farm event is designed to equip attendees with real, practical tools to grow better crops using the right chemical, biological and physical basis and then to take their land further and do more.
Instructors will demonstrate best practices for cover crops, soil testing, field preparation, equipment/tillage, weed & pest management, fertilizer programs, livestock integration and more.
When you register, you are not only signing up to experience a successful, biological farming system, you will also learn to:
- Increase your knowledge on soil health, no matter your experience level
- Build a land-use system that maximizes your land’s potential
- Find techniques for transitioning your farm away from toxic systems
- How to get your soil balanced correctly without toxic inputs
- Build a biodiverse ecosystem that supports crop and soil health
- Decrease negative weed and pest pressure naturally
- Determine the best use of every square foot of your land
- Use regular soil health evaluation and the standard Haney test to make improvements to your system
- Work through the limiting factors and create a flexible system
- Integrate livestock to improve soil health system, transition to an organic program, and generate income
- Leverage equipment appropriately to advance your system
- Create checklists for your farm management program
- Meet and network with talented farmers and growers